


This day was by far the hardest day for me. At this point it had been 4 nights without Rylee, I was missing him like crazy. We had had Ezra for a full day now-that was going extremely well! I didnt feel the best though, and we were supposed to go do some shopping, and some fun stuff that day and i was just not feeling it, so that didn't help matters. I remember Ryan and I just sitting out on the front porch of the guest house talking, Ezra was sleeping and I had just gotten off the phone with my mom and Rylee, I took one look at Ryan and he knew I was about to have a meltdown. Yep. I did. I think I spent most of my day Tuesday crying, the emotions of the trip, the sadness of being so far away from Rylee, the happiness Ezra had arlready brought into our lives, the country and the people of Ethiopia (yeah, you get it)-I also sat there thinking how I was the luckiest girl ever! I was back in Africa, i needed to take it all in as much as I could, enjoy it and relax. So finally by the end of the day I did just that. The Bodines had brought their girls back to the guest house, we all played and hung out-it was a good ending to the day! I made it through, wouldn't ya know?!
3 comments:
your kids are beautiful! We are adopting through CCI as well. I love reading your blog.
your kids are beautiful! We are adopting through CCI as well. I love reading your blog.
We are a CCI family too! We have a four year old and a almost two year old...and I have never been away from them...never. I am already melting down about the idea of leaving them in one country and going to another. Of course I am also having a hard time with our other two children in another country and we are in this one. Thanks for sharing your journey.
Post a Comment