Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our final day in beautiful Ethiopia

We went out and did some final shopping on our last day in EThiopia with The Bodines, Kelly Meiser and The Nelsons. We didn't leave until 10:15 PM out of Addis, so we had the whole day on Friday to tie up some loose ends on the shopping front! Lots of begging, a little boy came to us more than once-it appeared he had been in some sort of fire, and his face was a very very hard image to remove from our minds, to this day I can see it so perfectly. It was one of those things where I woke up Friday a.m and was bursting with excitement to be able to say "We're going home tonight Ezzie!!!", but I also knew come time to leave I was going to be a wreck. Yes, in fact when it was time to go I had a hard time holding it together. Those final goodbyes were very very hard. One of those things, you can't wait to be home when your're there, but now that we're home and have been for over a month now I miss it. Very. Much! Can't say that we've never given the "thought" (if even for a very brief second) of moving to ET and doing work there, never say never-we're Ryan and Meggan-The "random, crazy" Armbrustmachers....never know what might happen next with us!


Ava and Yonni


This is the 'norm in Addis

Ethiopia's Soccer Stadium


This little boy was sitting across the road from our gate at the guest home, Ryan reached his hand out the window and gave him the last couple of suckers that we had left-he went back sat on his shoe shining stool with THE biggest smile on his face, and waved us goodbye-a sucker ladies and gentleman, he was so happy and SO thankful for a sucker we had given him-sweet boy. One of my favorite pics.


Loved these peeps! Bodines, Antonio, Andersons, Douglas and his father all made our week that much more enjoyable for the week!



No comments: