Tuesday, March 8, 2011

As good as it gets....and I'm totally GREAT with that

Since this is now our family blog and not just about our adoptions anymore, I thought I would take time to tell you all about the special "big man". He always says he wants to get on here and blog, and write and throw his 2 cents in, which i would love for him to do-but let's be honest. The man is B-U-S-Y. If he's not putting in 50+ hours a week in at his job, he's home with us hanging out, doing laundry that I slack on during the week (bad bad me), playing with the kids, rubbing my feet, putting our virtual wallet budget planner together on the computer, scrolling through the MSU message boards (boooo! love you babe), watching some sort of sports on the television, talkin' with the guys, traveling to Arizona (nice work sweets), etc etc etc....you get my drift. The man is busy, the man is dedicated and the man is a hard worker.
When Ryan and I first started dating-it was him in North Carolina, me in Michigan. (Why are we STILL in Michigan you ask?) Good question : ) But we're here, in the mitten-with our very different life than we could have imagined for ourselves 10 years ago. Our life together wasn't always "picture perfect", I love him more today than the day we married-I never understood how that happened with people. But-now I do, I totally get it and it totally makes sense. We got married when I was young, I was barely legal drinking age young. "Some" questioned if HE was doing the right thing, maybe I was the bad apple I dunno....I seem to think I was a good apple, who had a good heart, who cared deeply about him-but NOT enough to move to North Carolina to be with him. He came home-back to Michigan, you would have thought at that point i would have gained some points with "some", bringing Ryan back to Michigan. I still wonder what I was thinking when I told him that no, I couldn't move to North Carolina, MY family was here....and so was his. Lately, we have been reminded a lot about WHY it could have been good for me to go there.
But fast forward to where we are today. Fast forward through all the hard times in our marriage, getting used to living together, growing up, trying to start a family-and feeling like I was a complete FAILURE at that for 3 years....it's hard-anyone that has struggled with this knows exactly where i am coming from. It wears on you and it puts a strain on even the strongest of relationships.....and I felt at times, that it almost took us to the breaking point-but never got there. And I thank God everyday that he has taken us to where we are today. We've had to go through A LOT to where we are, to have our "picture perfect" family. I am SO thankful that He held my hand through this all and made me realize that what He had in store for Ryan and I was much more than anything we had planned for ourselves.
Ryan is one of THE most amazing guys I've ever met in my life. We get eachother. He does stupid stuff that only I get, and we have our "inside jokes". We've gone places together that especially now we never would have DREAMED of....The pictures where I see Ryan in Africa with these kids and the person that it has made him to be, is touching. He's not the person that he "used" to be-He's made me a better person. We compliment eachother-I just wanted you "all" to know a lil' bit more about the person that got us to where we are today....To Africa and back 3 times with the most amazing little blessings we could have ever asked for......













2 comments:

Debbie said...

Awwwwww what a sweet post!!! You all are such a sweet family!!!

Love,Debbie

Jolene Shrock said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Meggers, I love when people give others the credit they deserve!! but lets be real you are one amazing momma to! You compliment each other well! LOVE YOU