Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's no secret that I have a heart for Africa. 
Is it frustrating that those closest to us do not have the same passion that we do?  Yes. Is that wrong? Maybe.  But it's hard to just let go.  It's hard that they can look at their niece/nephew/grandaughter/grandson/cousin/friends/etc. and NOT feel the need to make a change.  I will be asking them all to take a challenge for one month, to give something up-because the images below are children that have touched our lives.  They are children that may or may not still be in Ethiopia dealing with the drought right now.  Because images that I have seen in the past week, very well could have been OUR children.  We can't SAVE the country of Ethiopia-We can't CHANGE the world-but we can change one LIFE at a TIME!  We can make a difference in the life of one child, so their picture won't be the next image we see scrolling across the headlines suffering from the severity of the drought in Africa.
I would like to take a page out of their book.  They are humble, they are SO thankful for what they have.  Now, don't get me wrong-we are Americans.  So part of us are just programmed to be a typical American. To want more than what we need, to buy things we don't use, to gamble money away, get paid millions of dollars to be an amaing athelete or actor/actress-To live beyond our means, needs etc....At the same time, I'm going to do all I can to make sure we're caring for the orphan and the widow.  We are ALL responsible to care for the orphan and widow .

 If I could jump on a plane right now and I was sure my children back here had the care they needed from our friends/family-I MOST definitly would.  I wish I didn't care so much, I wish it wasn't heavy on my heart every single day.  I've seen it, I've touched it, It's not "made for TV" to get more money.  Everyone asked us "What was it like" when we got home from Ethiopia.  I simply said "The poverty is exactly as you see it on TV, but the country is so rich in their love for EACHOTHER"  That's they part that hurts the most-I have seen the JOY and LOVE they have in thier hearts-and then to see this is heartwrenching.....

I have gotten a couple of message from our friends asking what they can do to help, where to donate to-here is a couple that we are partnering with-they give 100% of the proceeds directly to aid!  I have started a campain on my own with a goal of $1000 raised by the end of August-We can do this! I will be posting a link soon!

No comments: