




I've always been a very emotional, sensitive person. Today has me all tripped up and it started this morning in church. We got a new pastor installed last week, i can already tell you I love him-I've gone to church all my life, my mind would tend to wander and get lost in what was being said in the sermon, but today it grabbed me. I listened, I learned, and I am going to run with it, but more ironically it really hit home! He talked a lot about our "missions" in life and what was our "mission" going to be? He said if you could just change the life of "Just One"-I couldn't help but be the sappy one in church that looked down at my sleeping baby girl, and our lil MR and think "we have changed the world for one, we've changed the world for two" and I want to change the world for many more. Now, it might not be necessarily in adoption, but I am a FIRM believer that God took us on the path in our life together, brought us where we are today for that reason. I then got home and spent the day with the family, Ezra slept in my arms for an hour and i fell asleep with her (this is really HUGE in our world, Ezra wasn't always the most cuddly baby-and it makes me believe the beginning of her first few days in life had something to do with this) Rylee was playing football (in the house, this mama says it's ok to throw the ball in the house) with his daddy-I come to do a couple things on the computer and I find an early birthday gift from our dear friends Shands and Lisa (you all know, Zaela's mommy and daddy) whom we met IN ETHIOPIA picking up Rylee. They are VERY VERY dear friends of ours now, and had our hearts not been led to changing the life of "just one" they wouldnt be in our lives now-I can't even imagine that. Well, they sent me a gift certificate to "147 million orphans"- (http://www.147millionorphans.com) again my heart was so full of complete thankfulness and joy-together, we all continue to change the lives of one! I know there is more that we can be doing in our lives, we just have to find the means and the tools to do it-and someday we will. We are going to change the lives of many many more! There are way too many out there that need love, mommies, daddies, education, clothing, shoes, etc, etc! What are YOU going to do to change the life of one?
1 comment:
What a special post about your babies!! I know I have thought about the "just one" and we have TWO also! God is good and I am so thankful for my rambunctious, sometimes wild little blessings!!!
You have two adorable little ones!!!
Debbie
Post a Comment