Thursday, September 27, 2012

"The Hair"

I absolutly have to do a post about "the hair"-because let's be honest, there isn't one time that I head out with the kiddos that someone doesn't comment on her hair.  Yes, we were OVERLY blessed with maybe THE best head of hair for an Ethiopian little girl.
We knew from the very first picture we recieved of E, she was going to have some hair!  She was born with a full head-lucky lucky girl!
Her hair didn't "always" look as it does now, the moment we picked her up, she had this lil' hairstyle going on.....not mommys fav' but nonetheless STILL the most beautiful baby girl i have laid our eyes on ; )
 
So, it left me no other choice but to put a BIG PINK BOW in her hair and dress it all up our very first day : )
 
Fairly easy to contain, stick a lil' clip in the side each day, throw some product in it (i'll get to that in a moment) and call it a day.....
And somedays we thought this is what her hair looked like. What? It DID-without the rainbow!
 
But she loves her hair "down" with no crazy ties or bows or hair pretties in, so on stay in days sometimes we just go with it.
 
And Ryan thinks I'm all sorts of crazy for a bow in the hair at the beach, but COME ON....why WOULDN'T you wear a pretty hair bow at the beach?!
 
And this is fresh outta the bath, combed out.  TRUST ME. Definitly the most heart wrenching 6 minutes in the bathtub a week-we're still workng out all the "kinks" to make this a "smooth" process, but let's face it-it is something I dread-to the max.  Someday I might just post pics of "that" process, but why ugly the beautiful hair post with THAT process? I'll save a whole blog post for that one some other day : )
 
 
So on a "normal" day, this is what we get.  You rarely will find our lil' peanut without a bow in her hair-that's her staple.  Her hair is bigger than her lil' sweet face, but just as big as her crazy personality! So what is it that I use you ask?  Here you have it:
 
There you have it! Her hair is more fine-but in the back it can get a little "nappy" and feel a little more coarse where she lays on it, so I really find myself having to work at that area more-and "baby' that a little bit more.  As she gets older, it gets a little bit tighter of a curl-but her texture still stays the same....
 
More to come on "the hair"........
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey we use two of those products!! The Pantene and the Shae Moisture!! But your precious girl has lots looser hair than My precious girl!!

Emy said...

We used to sue the Pantene conditioner, but switched to Aussie Moist in the purple bottle. It is the BEST! Seriously, I can easily comb through Eva's much much much more tightly coiled hair with that conditioner and her tangle teaser. It's really cheap too, so it's worth a try. :o) And yes, Ezra's hair is just amazing! :o)