Monday, September 29, 2014

The start of another School Year.....and {TRUST}

And with another school year the begins, brings new changes, new adventures and new worries and thoughts about the future.  RB is in first grade, and E is off to her first (and only) year of preschool before entering into ALL day Kindergarten next year.  After sulking, and pondering the thoughts of how time flies, I realized that this is the last year that I have one of my little buddies home with me during the day.  I do however LOVE that every morning Ez and I walk to the bus stop with RB, with my coffee and we all start the day together with a lil' stroll (thank God for this awesome weather in the mitten lately)

But then it brings me to my next thought-does that mean the chapter of growing our family is over, and we're onto new adventures, does it mean me finding a "real" job that will take me out of the house next year, does that mean I pray hard about the "next" chapter and let God tell me what's next, THAT is what I struggle with.  I struggle with learning to trust, and learning to let someone else take control.  I should know by now that MY plan is far less than anything he has planned for myself or my family, and learning to TRUST is what we all need in our lives. All day I have to learn to trust.  Trusting that as our son gets on that school bus in the morning that he is SAFE and once he gets to school to TRUST that he makes good choices, when I drop Ezra off at the front door of preschool, learning to TRUST that she will use her voice and speak up and open up a little bit, TRUST that she's going to use the bathroom at school, TRUST that my children are good kids and TRUST that our jobs continue to go well - TRUST that I can be the best mom and wife that I can be on a daily basis, to TRUST that the health of all of my family and friends remains good, however-in some way shape or form, ALL of this has been tested for me.  I don't always make the best choices, but I like to think I give it my all.  Sometimes life gets the best of me, and sometimes we all fail.  All of us will, but if we don't keep the TRUST in our big big God, every.single.day LIFE will get the best of us! 

Yesterday, as it usually happens, the sermon at church was perfect.  "What are we going to do while we WAIT?"  While we are waiting for God, what do we want to do with our life? We get ONE chance here on earth to make a difference, to make it amazing-everyday will not be perfect, but I'll say it again-we can find something perfect in everyday.  Even if it's JUST ONE SMALL THING.....maybe today, that one perfect thing will simply be that we got up this morning-because after all, that's not a guarantee for everyday! Set a goal, cross something off your bucket list.  Life is way too short not to Trust.  It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.  Take JOY in today....
{Now, if I can just listen to my own advice}



((HUGS))
-Meggan





2 comments:

Jolene Shrock said...

Oh I love it! Keep preachin' it sister! We will keep walking in TRUST together!

Jody said...

Oh the trusting and waiting...ugh! I'm definitely not good at waiting and sometimes not good with trusting but I need to work on both and know good t hints are to come :) The signs are there, we just need to wait, listen and trust that we see/hear/feel the signs and follow our heart and enjoy the ride!